Monday, August 2, 2010

She's a Rockstar :)

I was having quite the emotional day (and did an emotional post) on Saturday (7/31) because it was exactly one year to the date of when they took my baby by life flight and I couldn't go with her. I just watched her leave - not knowing what was going to happen. After a super scary week in the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit), a couple of freak-out breakdowns by me, lots of prayers and lots of loving care - she came home. My little girl will now be known as a person with a 'heart condition'. But you wouldn't know it by watching her, looking at her, knowing her.


Robyn is a super active, very smart, great talking, spunky little 2 year old girl. She likes ants and bugs, Mickey Mouse, Dora the Explorer, her Daddy, her brothers, swimming, running, jumping, chasing and hitting. She's a boy in a little girl's body. :) Though, sometimes, you see that she's a girl. She'll carry around a baby, a purse and talk baby talk to & want to hold babies. We are SO truly blessed to have this strong little angel in our lives.

So today was Robyn's "Official One-Year-Later Checkup" with her Pediatric Cardiologist. She started her appointment with a limited echo cardiogram. The guy who did it couldn't have been any nicer to her / us. He was being silly with her and talking like Blue from Blues Clues while she watched the movie. I kept watching the screen and her little heart beat. I was a little freaked out by the blue and the red with the occasional yellow/green colors on the screen. But it was also kind of cool to see the little flaps opening and closing - moving SO quickly. Soon that was over - before Blues Clues was, even - and we headed to our Clinic room to meet with her doctor.

Dr. Everett was looking at her charts and the new notes. She said that Robyn is a total little Rockstar and that she looks completely healthy. So much so that if you didn't know her history, you would think that she was a totally healthy, completely normal little girl. Her heart looks how it should for her age. :) Robyn is healthy. Robyn is normal. :)

We will keep her on her current meds for now. And that's okay. They also wanted to do another portable heart monitor for 24 hours - just to make sure everything looks okay during the day / night when she's NOT on the table in the Echo room. I'm not worried. We've done that before and everything was fine - as I'm sure it will be this time. Robyn doesn't have to see the doctor again for another 6 months. I can do that. I'm totally okay with no doctors visits til after she is 3 years old. My daughter is a Rockstar. And she is healthy and normal. :)

I have to say it again, and I hope you know how absolutely genuine it is every time I say it, but I am SO grateful for all of you. For all of your prayers. For all of your encouragement. For all of you love. Without it, we'd be lost. Thank you and we love you all VERY much!

No comments:

Post a Comment